Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

The significance of October 30th has a double implication. Yes, it's my birthday, but it's also New Year's Eve on the Celtic calendar. So I have a tendency to get a little more introspective than usual.

In reviewing my writing accomplishments this year:

- I've completed the first draft on one manuscript. Another first draft is 10K away from completion.
- I scrapped the ms for a story I finished four years ago and rewrote it from scratch.
- I sent out eleven queries. (Not great, but not bad since I only started in August.)
- The full of a completed and revised ms sits on the desk of two agents. (Yippee!)
- My NaNo project is planned and waiting patiently for November 1st.
- I'm brainstorming another ms after I had to scrap the original outline thanks to Steven Spielberg, but I think I'm close to a new plot.

All in all, a fairly productive year for me.

The goal for next year? Actually be in bed when the clock turns 12:01AM on the 30th instead of waiting for my pumpkin pies to bake.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed by your producitivity!

    I actually came by to tell you: 1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 2. I'm glad it doesn't fall on Halloween for a variety of reasons. Read Tim Power's "Stress of Her Regard" for more disclosure. ;D
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day from your DH.

    Suzan actually enjoys having her birthday so close to Halloween. It also helps that I was born on a Friday the 13th, so you can say we were a match made..... well..... somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wishes Victoria. A lot of times I do lie and say my b-day is on Halloween. As the DH says we like to freak people out.

    I haven't read any of Tim Power's work. If he's anything like King, I may not be able to finish. My sister's a big Stephen King fan and tried to hook me several times. Let's just say the Joey Tribbiani freezer method would not work for me, and I've never been able to finish any of his books because of the nightmares I'd start having around Chapter 4.

    I don't care what anyone says. If the writer can get that kind of reaction out of me, he's a damn good writer.

    ReplyDelete