Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Writing and Weird Dreams

Currently reading - Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn

I may have to skip editing AVT for a while. You see, I have this problem. A problem that leaves me very tired even after a full night's sleep.

When my conscious mind isn't engaged in creative writing, i.e. a current first draft project, for more than three weeks, my subconscious feels it needs to pick up the slack. As a result, I have had some very bizarre dreams lately. Two nights ago, I dreamed I was a Jedi trying to protect a street kid from an assassin droid while investigating why the 'droid (or its master) wanted the kid dead. The droid was an odd combination of IG-88, General Grieveous and a Terminator, not to mention my lightsabre could barely cut through it.

Have I mentioned my subconscious prefers fan fic?

Needless to say, I woke up Sunday morning absolutely freakin' exhausted.

Once I start a first draft project, the dreams go back to normal crap-like being in the middle of Sears with no clothes. And I don't feel like I've been battling assassin droids all night when I wake up.

Yep, definitely need to work on something new. It was the Borg last night. I don't know how much longer I can survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment