Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time's Flying Blind

Currently reading - Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn

Wow. Can you believe we're 25% through 2010 already?

New pages written yesterday helped with the sleeping last night. It didn't eliminate all bizarro dreams, but it defnitely cut down on the amount and the weirdness. Six hours straight though is a record for the last few weeks.

And this whole episode comes under the heading of doing what's right for you as a writer. Yeah, you can listen to all the experts and published authors for methodologies of the process. But it comes down to one simple question-what's right for you?

My method of switching between projects in the middle may not work for most people. In fact, my way drives a pubbed author (who I love to bits and has given loads of great advice) absolutely, positively bonkers. The first time she heard me tell someone what I did she fussed at me about how I'd never finish a novel at that rate--until I listed all my completed projects. Now she sticks to the odd looks if I mention a switch-off.

So how about the rest of you? Can you work on multiple projects at once or do you have to complete one manscript before moving on to the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment