Friday, July 16, 2010

Progress

Currently reading - Born of Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon

I love it when I make progress. Of course having a three-day weekend once in a while helps.

Roughly, 1,500 words have been written on the current wip today bringing the total over 22,000. In fact, it's the only fiction writing I've accomplished this week. Finding the time to write lately has been difficult with the packing, not to mention the daily minutia, but the family room has got to be cleaned out in order to install the new door, paint and lay the flooring.

Granted, 1,500 words may not seem like a lot by some people's standards, but every little step forward is a step toward the end of the journey. I think I've finally learned to accept this philosophy. I've been a very competitive person my entire life. Uber-competitive. Like in a AAA personality. Any wonder I had to quit practicing law thanks to extreme high blood pressure?

Understanding your own writing process is one of the hardest things for any writer to learn. It's taken me nearly seven years to develop my process. Have you discover your process and how long did it take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment