Saturday, August 28, 2010

Taking Chances

Currently reading - Death's Excellent Vacation by CHarlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner

After sending a whiny e-mail to the crit partners on Tuesday evening, Faye immediate response was "Get back on the horse."

Okay, that's really not a direct quote. I left out the more colorful language. But the gist of her comment is the same.

I pointed out to her that theoretically I'm still on the horse. I'm just hanging from a stirrup with my head bonking along the rough terrain.

And that's where the ever-lauded perserverence comes in handy. I pulled myself up, sent out another query for ZL and wrote a couple of thousand words on the current wip. If you want that publishing credit, you can't stop just because you got kicked in the head. (Ask Jody. She's been kicked in the head for real a few times.)

Next on the list--practice that pitch for the Lone Star Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment