Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a Morning!

Currently reading - Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson

So much for my day off. *sigh*

We spent the morning at the orthodontist going over treatment plans for GK. He's only ten, but his freakin' adult canines are lying on top of his upper incisors. The poor kid may be looking at oral surgery if the orthodontist can't coax them down by shoving the other teeth out of the way. I'll give Dr. A a lot of credit. He's trying to avoid pulling any teeth, something both DH and I went through.

We got home. DH and I had a long talk about how we were going to finance the steel cemented to GK's teeth. Then GK went to his best bud's across the street, and I thought, "Whoopee! Finally! Quality writing time." Only to have Isabella's screen go black. (Okay, I admit my shame. I name inanimate objects, including my little Inspiron 710m.)

Dang it! I just got her back from the shop. The tech had replaced her power ballast, and that seemed to fix the screen blacking out five seconds after she booted up. Until today. At least Isabella waited until I turned in this month's column before her lights went dark.

So I borrowed Irvin (the spare 700m) from DH, dropped off Isabella at the repair shop, and am now sitting in the cafe' cursing myself for forgetting my hot pink iPod (courtesy of the fabulous Carly Phillips and her contribution to the Brenda Novak auction) because Irvin does not contain my music library like Isabella does.

Thank you for listening to me vent. Please feel free to add your own vents in the comments below.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled writing program already in progress. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment