Friday, September 10, 2010

Submission Day

Currently reading - Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Yet another baby has departed for the wilds of the publishing world. For some folks, the anxiety of submitting is only beginning. They fret and they fume, huddled by their phone or computer. (Though now days it's pretty much the same machine, isn't it?) They chew nails to the quick as they wait for word as to their fate from a person whose hundreds of miles away.

I'm wired differently, as my crit partners who read my blurbs yesterday will attest. I feel a profound sense of relief when I hit 'Send.' My guess is this will be the same feeling I get when I pack GK off to college some day. The feeling that I've done my best, I can't do anything else, and it's time to PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment