Monday, November 15, 2010

Bob Mayer's Writer Warrior Weekend

Currently reading - Heaven's Spite by Lilith Saintcrow

Wow!  What a weekend!  WHRWA brought Bob Mayer to town for their annual super special day-long program.   If you have the chance to hear Bob, grab it!  His lectures are worth the money.

Using a lot of techniques he learned in special forces training, Bob forces you to take a good hard look at your own soul.  Then he asks some pretty serious questions of why you write and what you expect out of your writing.

Sounds serious, but he does it with such an amusing touch, it's not as painful as it seems.

I wish I had signed up for his intensive Sunday workshop, but I was originally scheduled to work yesterday (though it got changed at the last minute).  Oh well, I'll have to settle with picking my crit buddy Jody's brain later today.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the workshop. Currently at the airport waiting for flight home. A great group. But I do have to say Houston drivers are as crazy as LA drivers. Lucky to have made it to airport alive this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Bob! I'm working on sustaining my action from my Saturday MOEs. *grin*

    Yes, Houston drivers are insane. When I moved here in 1996, I found out the hard way that a turn signal means, "Speed up and cut me off."

    ReplyDelete