Thursday, March 10, 2011

Status Update

Currently reading - The Fixer by Jon F. Merz (Ebook)

Now I know how Luke felt before the Battle of Yavin.  I'm a farm kid who thinks she can take on the universe.  Then I get a good look at what my friends and I are facing.  A lot of us aren't going to make it.  Some of us will get medals.  But you just don't know which side you're going to land on.

Not much different than the indie publishing scene, huh?

Currently, I'm fixing the HTML formatting on the first book in the Bloodlines series.  Then it's off to finish the rewrites and editng in the first Seasons of Magick novella.  Thank goodness next week is Spring Break.  I'm way behind thanks to the stupid flu.  Three weeks and I still can't shake this cough.  But the persistent headache has finally lightened up to the point where I can finish my financials review and turn everything over to Ed, our CPA, so he can work his tax magic.

Photo examples and descriptions have been turned in to M____ who's doing the covers for Bloodlines and S___ who's doing the covers for Seasons of Magick.  These gals are incredibly talented, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for me.

Around the first of April, I should have enough money set aside to purchase a set of ISBNs and register copyrights for the first novel and novella.

Next on the task list is a review my marketing strategy.  I'll talk more about this on Monday.

All-in-all I'm still on track for my career plans.  The great thing lately?  I see more and more writers looking at all their options before making any decisions.  As I said to my Jedi Master (aka Colleen Thompson) over at Boxing the Octopus, there's all kind of opportunities for writers these days.  It's just a question of what do want to do yourself and what do you want to farm out.

How's things going with the rest of y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment