Monday, August 22, 2011

Me and My Split Personality

Currently reading - Ghost Story by Jim Butcher (HC)

Sorry that today's post is a little later than usually.  Yesterday ended Tax-Free Weekend.  The State of Texas doesn't collect sales tax on clothing and school supplies on one weekend in August as a way of helping out parents with back-to-school shopping.  Which means extended sales hours at the malls.  Which means the little card and gift shop of my Day Job is open extra hours as well.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to those of us who work there either since we're not exactly a child-friendly environment.

But I'm getting off track.

Originally, Wild, Wicked & Wacky started as a free-for-all, anything-my-brain-dwelled-on type of warm-up before I started my official wip daily word count. But over the last year, I've focused on the changes in the publishing industry and the rise of the indie-published writer, which was needed from the jump in readership.  The fun stuff, like contests and cute kittty pictures, got pushed aside.

For the last several weeks, I've been experimenting by having two different blogs and have decided to make the change permanent.

WWW will continue to focus on news and business in the publishing world, especially as it pertains to writers publishing on their own. (Though the Saturday night videos will remain here.)

Blood Lines will now carry my pop culture musings, like Monday Movie Mania reviews, contests, and sample chapters of upcoming releases.

So for old times sake, one last LOLZ Cat picture:



No comments:

Post a Comment