Monday, July 9, 2012

When a Book Is DOA

I'm poking my head out of the Batcave (TM) to point you to an interesting tidbit.

Penelope Trunk is a tech start-up expert and a former professional athlete. Go read her blog post about her experience with her publisher pulling her book just because she asked some very pointed questions about their marketing plan for her. These are the question you need to ask BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. Once you sign the contract, you're handcuffed, and not in the purple furry good way.

Many thanks to Passive Guy for the excerpt!

As for me, I'm nearly to the 12K mark for Blood Sacrifice's first draft. I should be at 15K, but a sinus infection along with weather-related sinus headaches have made concentration a little sketchy at times.

I really can't complain about the t-storms that have been rolling through the Houston area daily. The yard is lush and beautiful compared to the barren wasteland it became after last year's drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment