Friday, March 29, 2013

The Godzilla-clone Amazon Is Rampaging Again

Yes, the giant behemoth known as Amazon ate Goodreads yesterday. I'm not going repeat all the speculation. And that's all it is right now--speculation.

There's several articles listed over at The Passive Voice that give the range of "Oh, God, Amazon will eat us all!" to "Cool! Best marriage ever."

My two major concerns?

1) My books have more reviews on Goodreads than they do on Amazon. I hope both sets are integrated, and my Goodreads reviews are not purged.

2) I liked Goodreads because it was an alternative to Amazon, and even though I was an author, I could write reviews there. There wasn't any "reciprocity" at Goodreads for me. I could write a review and say whether something I read for fun was "fabulous" or "meh." I'd hate all my efforts to go to waste just because I write for a living.

Like everything else in the insanity that is publishing these days, we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment