Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Beltane!

May 1st. May Day. Beltane.

The half-way point between spring and summer for most people. In Houston, it means time to put the top down on the convertible and hit the Sonic Drive-in for milkshakes after a hard day, which was what we did last night. (If you live near a Sonic, they currently have a half-price shake after 8 p.m. promotion. The peanut butter fudge is fabulous!)

Both GK and I are counting down to the last day, i.e. May 24th.

Once school's done, I can see about cranking out a few more stories over the summer. We'll see what I can get done. If we continue getting seven inches of rain at a time, I may be spending most of my summer mowing the yard.

In the meantime though, I'm going to enjoy this beautiful weather. It'll be in the 100's with one hundred per cent humidity soon enough.

[DH pointed out that he had the peanut butter and jelly shake, which was also excellent. Neither of us had the nerve to try the peanut butter and bacon shake. Yep, you read that right. Peanut butter and BACON!]

3 comments:

  1. Peanut butter fudge. My gosh that sounds so good. Hey, dig this, I went to get more Andes chocolates and all three stores are clear out. There's not even a space for them. Though the one store, I dunno if they even carried them.

    But man alive, no Andes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! You're kidding! No Andes? That's like no Reese's cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I don't get it. I just commented on your most recent and I'm so pooped, that I didn't realize I already said it here. My bad.

    There's two more stores here for me to try. Just weird. Weird, weird, and more weird.

    ReplyDelete