Sunday, December 22, 2013

26 Days of Christmas - Santa, Please Bring the Texans a Win

My family has been Texans fans since the start of the franchise. We've worn our t-shirts and jerseys proudly. GK packed his Mario Williams white jersey in his keepsake box when he got too big to wear it. I had to toss my first tee when it was literally falling apart. And for the first few years, we were often sneered at by our fellow Houstonians.

What pisses me off are the people in Houston who never cheered for the Texans until they went to the play-offs two years ago. And now they treat the coaching staff and players like shit for not giving them a Super Bowl team.

Despite what some of these idiots, including a couple of the sports writers for the Houston Chronicle, think, it's not any one person's fault. I could give you a list, but it means nothing at this point in the season. Like the sinking of the Titanic, it was simply a perfect combination for disaster.

Personally, I don't like the way Bob McNair threw Gary Kubiak to the wolves. This was the coach that led the team to their first winning season, that got the team to the play-offs the last two years. And like most CEOs, McNair has no fucking clue of how he just destroyed his players morale.

But today, Matt Schaub will have one last chance to show his stuff today against the Broncos. And when Peyton Manning was still with the Colts and in our division, he took Matt and the Texans seriously. He won't underestimate them in five hours. And if anything, Peyton will understand Matt's position because just two years ago, all the so-called experts said Peyton was finished, too.

So I'm proudly wearing my Battle Red Matt Schaub #8 and cheering for my team.

By the way, if you're one of those fair weather fans and you come here to piss on my boys, I WILL delete your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment