Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Movie Mania - Magic Mike XXL

I went to the flick with Niece, who was hopping up and down in the seat through this whole thing. And that's what this movie is, a fun flick. Anyone thinking this should be deep and intellectual really needs their head examined.

Most of the cast is back (minus Matthew McConaughey and Alex Pettyffer) with some excellent additions.


* * *


SPOILERS


* * *

PROS
1) The number one pro is and always will be gratuitous Joe Manganeillo  butt shots.

2) Jada Pinkett Smith as Rome, the owner of a club Mike used to dance for. She brings some needed estrogen to the testosterone fest.

3) The secret cameo of Michael Strahan. I knew the man had moves on the football field, but on the dance floor? Oh, my!

CONS
1) The ending was rather abrupt. I think it would have been better with some kind of good-bye scene between the guys since this was supposed to be their last hurrah.


Overall, I'd give this a 7 out of 10 stars.

5 comments:

  1. Wait, is this a sequel to something...? What should I watch before I go see this one?

    I just saw the trailers for this and thought it looked like a lot of fun. :P

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Magic Mike is on Netflix if you can yourself away from your crime shows. And I wouldn't suggest any yarnwork while watching. Even knitting needles can do some damage. :)

      Delete
  2. I just checked and it's DVD-only -- not available for streaming. Now I'm sad. :(

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rent it on Amazon streaming or if there's a rental place nearby. The first movie is loosely based on Channing Tatum's life. The second is road-trip, buddy comedy.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but then I'd have to pay for it. :P This whole streaming thing has me majorly spoiled. [headdesk]

      Angie

      Delete