Monday, April 18, 2016

I Haven't Died Yet, Though I Wish I Had at Times

By the time everything was said and done last week, I had a combination of the flu, strep throat and bronchitis on top of my chronic conditions. And add to that, a bad reaction to the antibiotic my doctor proscribed. By Wednesday, I was begging my husband for assisted-suicide.

Needless to say, I wasn't on the computer for over a week. Luckily, things have improved to where I can sit up in my recliner, rather than lay down. My couple of hours upright was needed to fill out our local income tax return.

I don't know how far I'll get this week as far as writing and editing. I've got a ton of laundry to do, though DH tried to keep up on it last week though he had the flu, too. And it was supposed to be the poor guy's vacation.

See? Murphy is the one true god.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah man, when I heard you were getting this Spring crud that's been flying around I was alarmed. I have a couple of friends absolutely floored by it, for weeks. My 'sickie' circle was talking about it, those of us with compromised immune systems have been careful to stay isolated until it's over. Luckily it's not hitting this area hard. That's why I moved here. Warm and sunny all the time, super clean air. We had a minor flu-ish thing flying around, which put me down for about 10 days, but no hospital. Yay!

    I hope you recover in record time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay isolated, but when the high school FFA team came back from a Chicago competition, they infected the whole school. GK was out six days. By the time he returned, over a 1/3 of the kids and staff were out with it.

      This crap has been bad. I ran a fever for ten days straight. We won't talk about the grosser aspects, but the shortness of breath is the most uncomfortable symptom right now.

      Delete
  2. Yikes! You're all feeling better now? Sounds like a horror. [hugz]

    Angie

    ReplyDelete